Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Ipswich, MA)
United Pipe & Steel is the leading distributor of pipe and steel products. We are a growing company that offers opportunity, great pay and benefits package! We’re searching for Sales Assistant to join our growing Sales team. This position is located at the company corporate headquarters in Ipswich, MA.
Reporting to the Controller, this position will be responsible for issuing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices for multiple warehouse locations. Additionally, this role will monitor invoices for compliance with policies and insures posting to appropriate ledger accounts.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, verify, reconcile and enter product invoices utilizing a 3-way match.
- Code and input expense invoices
- Investigate problems with invoices to resolve and where possible enhance the process
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Generate standard check runs as well as produce urgent payments as needed.
- Reviews charges on employee expense reports and credit card statements. Confirm appropriate back up documentation (receipts) are attached.
- Prepare journal entries, perform general account analysis and reconciliations
- Assist with cash requirements reporting
- Assist with monthly closing, year-end audit and 1099 preparation
- Other duties or projects as assigned
- Associates Degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Accounts Payable role with knowledge of inventory control being a plus.
- Basic familiarity with accounting principles
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience using an ERP software system; intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision with a high level of self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proactive thinker and problem solver
- Strong work ethic
Great Pay & Benefits:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K Match
- Paid weekly
To apply, use the form on this page.