Payroll Specialist – Ipswich, MA
United Pipe & Steel is the leading distributor of pipe and steel products. We are a growing company that offers opportunity, great pay and benefits package! We’re searching for an HR Payroll Specialist to join our Human Resources Team.
Reporting directly to the Human Resources Manager, the Payroll Specialist will manage and support the day to day payroll practices for the company, while also assisting with other HR initiatives.
- Manage and process weekly payroll using ADP Workforce Now
- Perform payroll status changes to include time sheets, deductions, garnishments, leaves
- Maintain employee data; benefit deductions, promotions, terminations, etc.
- Ensure compliance with established payroll policies and procedures as well as federal and state regulations
- Process all new hires and terminations, pay increases and pay adjustments.
- Run monthly, weekly and daily payroll and ADP reports (Census, OSHA, Labor Hours)
- Assist employees with payroll inquires
- Maintain employee personnel files and record retention
- Train new employees in the use of the ADP Time & Attendance
- Solid understanding of payroll practices
- Experience in working with multi-state payroll
- Understanding of state and local payroll taxes
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to stay organized and multi task
- Strong Excel skills
- 2 years’ experience with payroll practices
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform essential functions of the role
To apply, use the form at the right.