Outside Sales Representative (Southern CA)
United Pipe & Steel and Merfish Pipe & Supply are the Industry leaders in standard pipe product distribution, offering a wide range of pipe products (Steel Pipe, Copper Tube, PVC Pipe, Metal & PVC Conduit, Strut & Threaded Rod) to Plumbing, Heating, PVF, HVAC, Electrical and other industry wholesalers. We ship all products with our 65+ fleet of trucks and country-wide distribution network.
The Ideal candidate will have significant experience selling commodity products to electrical, PVF and P&H wholesalers; possess a strong work ethic and a charismatic personality, and be a self-starter who can work independently. The Outside Sales Representative will be traveling a couple days a week in the Los Angeles and Southern California area.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish new accounts through a wide variety of sales efforts. Plan and organize daily work schedule to call on existing and potential sales opportunities.
- Liaise between the Company (Inside Sales) and customers for up-to-date pricing, customer service, and new products.
- Manage and grow relationships with customers – new and existing.
- Customize sales presentations to type of sales outlet. Analyze existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Achieve annual sales targets.
- Utilize sales management tools (ERP, CRM, etc.) to maximize sales effectiveness and efficiency.
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints if needed.
- Maintain professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity and tact to portray the Company in a positive manner.
- Prepare and submit activity/results reports to management.
- Travel throughout the region 90% of the time. Occasional travel to other territories, or headquarters, to assist in sales and marketing efforts.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an Outside Sales Representative, with at least 2 years selling in the plumbing and/or electrical distribution markets.
- Associate’s degree.
- Experience selling commodity products to PVF, P&H, HVAC, waterworks or electrical wholesalers.
Skills and Specifications:
- Significant experience selling commodity products.
- Ability to prospect and cold-call prospective customers.
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Superior people skills and positive attitude with an ability to engage customers.
- Strong work ethic and a self-starter who can work independently but also be a team player.
- Strong communication skills.
Full-Time With Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K Match
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time
To apply, use the form on this page.